OUR GOAL STATEMENT
What We Plan To Do
Goals for the Future
A. In the next decade, by God’s grace, we will:
- Develop a group of home grown leaders and double our core group, bringing greater stability to our congregation and ministries.
- Three times per year, provide seminars and conferences to build up the body of Christ in Hawaii and equip people of Oahu and mainland visitors/guests (e.g. Marriage, Parenting).
- Continue to plant churches around the world (especially in Uganda, Oahu, Maui; RUF at UH?).
- Use our growing technology to reach more and more people with the Gospel.
- Inspire other churches throughout Oahu to emphasize Biblical evangelism.
- Develop and support evangelical programs for military personnel and their families.
- Sponsor a self-sufficient Central Christian School which is adding a grade every year, through 6th grade.
- Support and nurture one Bible study for every 20 members.
- Have an active Christian outreach ministry to: young adults (including singles) and youth middle/high school students.
- Serve the disenfranchised or needy (Computer classes, ESL, River of Life, food ministry).
B. Our Action Steps in the Next Year to Fulfill Our Plan
Inreach (Fellowship and Christian Education)
- Sunday School begins September 11 at 9 a.m.
- Start youth group for junior and senior high students that meets twice a month. We want to develop a ministry that assists parents in their care and nurture of children of all ages. We want our children to serve Christ as faithful disciples all of their lives. We want to support local AWANA and CEF ministries. Charlie Kim
- Parenting Seminar October, 2011. Pete Anderson
- Spiritual Gift Sunday on August 28 and “Small Group Sunday” on September 4. Pastor Pete and Deacons
a. 101 Discovering Church Membership on Saturday, September 17. Pastor Pete
b. 201 Discovering Spiritual Maturity on Saturday, October 15. Pastor Pete
c. 301 Discovering Your Ministry on Saturday, November 19. Pastor Pete
- Continue our Fellowship Meals After Each Worship Service
- Thanksgiving Meal with sister churches, Sunday Evening, November 20. Deacons
- Set up a care package ministry for deployed soldiers. Deacons
- Develop marketing plans for our school and expansion plans through the 6th grade
- Bible Study/Small Group for every 20 members. All elders and deacons
- Develop young adult ministry including retreats, fellowship, discipleship, and evangelism.
- River of Life and Food Ministry. Chuck Blandford and Pat will be in-charge of advertising, developing a food drop box; we recently expanded our food distribution.
- Continue to develop our church planting and orphan ministries by completing another orphanage and radio station. “Redeemer Radio” in Uganda is expected to open within three months. Pete and Sidney Anderson
- Evangelism conference with partner churches first week of 2012 Pastor Pete and Pat Mamaclay
- Expand ministries to Chuukese and Filipino population. Last week we had 25 Filipino visitors. Our desire is to help plan a Filipino congregation that will be formed out of several small groups that meet in homes.
- We want Trinity to be a catalyst spurring a mission movement among the churches in Hawaii. This will be accomplished through the Hawaii Center for World Mission training men and women in Hawaii to become missionaries particularly to the 10/40 window countries. Pat Mamaclay
- Go forward with our goal of teaching 300 this year in our Kairos classes. Pat Mamaclay. Note: We started a new class of 22 students that meets on Thursday evening.
- Gospel Preaching
- Emphasis on the Greatness and Power of God
- Share Gospel through Testimonies
- Sunday Evening Prayer Times
- Leadership Training. September, 2011. Pete Anderson
- Shepherding program. September, 2011. Pete Anderson
- Preaching Seminar for local pastors. Seminar speaker will be Dr. Bryan Chapell, President of Covenant Theological Seminary. Our goal is invite the pastors of each of our partner churches and every pastor on Oahu so that they can learn to preach Christ in every message. Pat Mamaclay
- Sponsor Mobile School of Theology in Uganda.
- Sponsor 7 students at Westminster Theological College and Seminary in Uganda.